Remodeling & Additions
Craft Contractors is a skilled, experienced building contractor in Southern Maine. We provide home improvements/renovations and remodeling including additions and expansions. We are framing contractors that provide frame to finish service.
We can offer you design/build services, working directly with your architect or our own, Craft Contractors integrates additions into your existing home’s floorplan. The added space in your home can change the flow of traffic and in doing so can create a need to update the older space as well. When you are working with home additions, it is important to work with a contractor with the skill sets of a custom home builder and an experienced remodeler. In Portland Maine, that builder/contractor is Craft Contractors.
You can add much-needed space with increased square footage. You can add to your home by building up, or by building out (or by finishing unused space like attics or basements). If lot size or zoning restrictions are in play, or if the cost is an issue, a second or third story addition might be the perfect solution.
If you are not limited by your home’s current footprint, you can extend the walls of your home outward without violating zoning and any setback restrictions. Whether you are seeking an addition for additional bedroom/bathroom space, a spacious family room, an in-law apartment or suite, or a home office, increasing the size of your home can also add resale value to your home.
Frame to Finish
It’s our joy to assist you through all choices and add-on requirements, as well as each of the preparation, zoning and setback requirements, budget concerns. Here’s a listing of preliminary questions for you to think about and discuss during the first planning phases with us:
- What do we need the home addition for?
- Should we (do we need to) go out or up?
- What are the structural/framing or architectural considerations?
- How much space do we need to suit our needs?
- Will stairs be an issue for any of our family members?
- Would we want to add a fireplace?
- What about natural light, is this a consideration?
- What type of windows will we need to include?
- How will the addition affect our current foot traffic?
- What type of Flooring? tile, wood, or carpeting?
- What particular style we are looking for?
- What kind of budget are we looking to spend for added space?
All of these are questions are significant. The expert team at Craft Contractors Home Remodeling will assist you in discussing the next steps. We will guide you through the process of zoning and setback requirements and all other decisions you face. We would love to help you create the space you desire and keep your project on time and on budget.