Craft Contractors Remodeling offers roofing services for all Maine homes and businesses including:
Metal roofing last longer, stands up to the elements and is better for the environment. You will find that your new metal roof provides incredible benefits. Every single day the roof of a building receives the brunt of the elements. Every day it is subjected to one or more of the following: wind, rain, snow and a direct bombardment of UV rays. It stands to reason that the investment you make in your roof protects the entire investment of your home. A metal roof is the surest way to secure the investment you’ve made in your property because it outperforms any other roofing material.
In support of this are manufacturers’ warranties that are far in excess of anything else ever offered in the industry. Many of our products have a 30 year unconditional warranty on the paint finish alone! Many of our products have a 40 year warranty against defect. In the past, with other roofing options, warranties like this were unheard of!
Asphalt shingles are the most common roofing material used today. They are manufactured as strip shingles, interlocking shingles, and large individual shingles in a variety of colors and weights. In recent years, the laminated two-ply asphalt shingle has become ever popular. Because two layers of shingles are laminated together, there is more weight and better protection than with a one-ply, three tab shingle. Most three-tab shingles have a 15- to 20-year limited warranty compared to 25 to 30 years for laminated shingles. That is 5 to 15 years more service. Now you can get a Lifetime transferable warranty.
Colorful, designed shapes and long lasting are only a few of the many benefits of slate roofing. Create Old World Beauty.
– Authentic contours, multiple patterns and chiseled-edge appearance create the look of natural slate.
– The look available in 5-, 7- and 12-inch widths, enabling you to personalize your roof.
– Offered in five premixed design palettes, each of which contains coordinating sizes and colors.
– Add further distinction with diamond and scallop shingles.
– Multiple contour patterns help eliminate “block” patterns.
As with real slate, Lamarite® shingles will weather to a lighter shade after exposure to the environment, creating a natural, beautiful look.
Lamarite® Slate Composite Shingles 50 Year Warranty
If you’ve thought about moving beyond asphalt roofing to something more distinctive, consider the benefits of a cedar shake roof. Wood Shake Roofs provide character. The warmth and elegance of a natural cedar shake or shingle roof goes beyond enhancing the appearance of your home. It reflects pride of ownership and, most important, it shows an intelligent sense of value.
- Wood Shake Roofs are eco-friendly. Made from a natural, renewable resource, cedar roofing can be purchased from companies with sustainable harvesting techniques.
- Wood Shake Roofs insulate well. With up to two-times the insulating value of asphalt shingles, the cellular structure of cedar shake roofs make them and energy-saving addition to your home during summer and winter months.
- Wood Shake Roofs are durable. Because they are able to tolerate harsh winds, hail and even earthquakes, cedar shake roofs are a resilient roofing option for nearly every climate. No other roofing and siding product offers nature’s own formula for unrivaled weather-defying protection, insulation and structural strength.
- Wood Shake Roofs are versatile. Due to their timeless look, cedar shake roofs compliment many architectural styles, including mountain cabins, Victorian abodes, Cape Cod homes and Tudor or Gothic-style residences.
- Wood Shake Roofs are adaptable. It can also be treated with either pressure impregnated preservatives to enhance its natural resistance to decay or with pressure impregnated fire retardant treatment to aid in protecting your home against fire.
For a flat roof, you must consider that the roof provides a waterproof casing for the job. Generally in flat roofs there are one or two layers of materials for water resistance. The need of different type of roofing materials depends on several factors such as the location, weather conditions and natural elements. The flat roof should be designed in such a way that the accumulated water can be directed into gutters, downspouts and drains to avoid accumulation of water. The materials that are used in flat roofs should not only be long lasting but also cost effective.